Virginia-Highland Civic Association Monthly Meeting
7:00 PM; Monday, February 11, 2013; Ponce de Leon Library
- Call to Order
- Adoption of Agenda & Approval of Minutes
- Reports from Public Safety representatives
- City of Atlanta officials
- Other elected officials & guests
- Randy Guensler, Ga. Tech School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Committee Reports:
- Summerfest update – Pam Papner
- Planning – Lola Carlisle
- V-13-002, 1026 Bellevue Drive NE. Homeowner and applicant Celia O’Keefe seek a special exception to relocate a bedroom inside the existing footprint of a legal non-conforming duplex with a grandfathered apartment in an accessory structure in the rear. The room currently being used for a bedroom for their small child was not designed for that purpose. A site visit revealed no other issues. At the Planning Committee meeting on 2-5-13, the applicant had proof of notification of the relevant neighbors. There were no objections or other relevant comments, and the committee unanimously recommended approval conditioned on site plans stamped and dated 1-8-13.
- LRB _____ . Applicant and owner Emile Blau seeks a license to sell spirituous liquors at the American Roadhouse, 842 N. Highland Avenue NE. The applicant’s application was mysteriously undated despite its trip through the City, an unusual (but not unheard of) result. The applicant attended the Planning Committee meeting on 2-5-13 and avers as follows: He has 23 years of experience in the restaurant management at Bones and related businesses; his proposed manager has similar experience. Neither has been personally cited or represented a business cited for underage service of alcohol. He will do in-house training for staff on alcohol service, recognition of boisterous behavior, and identification of conditions that dictate the refusal of service. The Planning Committee recommended that the application go forward without opposition.
- Aaron Fortner, Market & Main
- Analysis of Middle School expansion impacts on traffic, land use, and neighborhood balance