HoneyBubble – a bubble tea, fine tea and dessert emporium – has opened at 798 Ponce de Leon Avenue, next door to China Dragon. The shop is a collaboration between two Atlanta residents who wanted to make bubble tea and serve it in a sleek, relaxed environment.
For those not familiar with bubble tea (which I wasn’t), Wikipedia offers the following:
Bubble tea, also known as pearl milk tea, boba milk tea, or boba, is a Taiwanese tea-based drink invented in tea shops in Taichung, Taiwan during the 1980s.Most bubble tea recipes contain a tea base mixed with fruit or milk. Ice-blended versions are usually mixed with fruit or syrup, resulting in a slushy consistency. Most bubble teas come with small chewy tapioca balls, commonly called “pearls” or “boba.” There are many variants of the drinks, and many types are used and ingredients added. The most popular bubble drinks are bubble milk tea with tapioca and bubble milk green tea with tapioca.
Each drink at HoneyBubble is tailored to customer taste. Whole milk, soy milk and Lactaid are options in creating your perfect bubble tea “cocktail.” No white sugar is used to sweeten HoneyBubble’s drinks – only pure honey and brown cane sugar.
HoneyBubble’s focus is on mixology and beverage options, and they’ve chosen to let the dessert experts take care of the sweets. French-style macaroons, croissants and scones from Alon and cupcakes from the Atlanta Cupcake Factory can be purchased to complement your beverage. Frozen treats from Atlanta artisans Honeysuckle Gelato are also available.
A few interesting factoids about HoneyBubble:
- The shop’s sleek interior (see pictures below) was created by designer Doug Hines of HGTV’s Design Star series.
- All water used – including ice – is double-filtered for the best possible taste.
- HoneyBubble’s teas are sourced from 21 different purveyors and only the best teas, coffees and desserts are served.
- All teas are made to order, not sitting in bins for hours or days. This takes a little more time, but you’ll taste the difference.
- HoneyBubble makes extensive use of eco-friendly materials, fixtures and supplies.
- Free WiFi is available, as is a free conference room for private meetings.
Make a point of stopping in soon to check out HoneyBubble Tea Shop!