33rd Annual Festival Set for June 4-5!
In 1983, MASH ended an 11-year, 251-episode TV run, Vanessa Williams became the first African-American to be crowned Miss America and McDonalds introduced the McNugget.
Yes, it really has been 33 years since the first Summerfest, and organizers are hard at work planning this year’s festival. Featuring a 5K Road Race and Tot Trot, one of the largest juried artist markets in the southeastern U.S. and a variety of local, regional and national acts performing on the music stage, Summerfest has become one of Atlanta’s most eagerly anticipated seasonal festivals.
The only way to get more out of your Summerfest experience than simply attending the event is to volunteer. Volunteer shifts are generally 2-3 hours long and you can choose to help with:
- Our Community Parade or Dinner/Movie on Friday (VaHi residents only)
- Our 5K Road Race and Tot Trot on Saturday morning
- Our Artist Market or Kidsfest areas, merchandise sales and other needs on Saturday or Sunday during the festival
Volunteering is a great way to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones, and also help ensure the success of the civic association’s biggest fundraising event of the year. Volunteering can be a great way for high school or middle school students to get service hours. You can even sign up for multiple shifts if you like. Encourage your friends and neighbors to volunteer. Come join in the fun and go home with the coveted volunteer t-shirt!
We’re using VolunteerSpot – the leading online volunteer registration and management tool – again this year to organize our various tasks and shifts. (Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.)
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click on the button below to access the Summerfest area on VolunteerSpot.
2) Review the different tasks and shifts listed and choose the shift(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Have questions or need more information? Contact volunteer coordinator John Becker at email@example.com.
Please don’t delay – volunteer today! We look forward to seeing you in June!