On Friday afternoon November 30 residents will gather at Orme Park from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. for a visit from Santa Claus! Skip the crowds at the mall and come on out to have your picture taken with Santa for a $5 donation to the Friends of Orme Park. Friends of Orme Park pays for new sand for the sandbox and general upkeep of the park and playground. Residents will also decorate the Critter Tree so come out and join in the holiday fun for kids of all ages.
6TH ANNUAL CAROLING EVENT
On Sunday evening December 2 residents will gather at 6:30 for a dessert pot-luck and caroling around the Critter Tree. Hot chocolate and song sheets will be provided! Please bring a dessert to share with your neighbors.
Virginia Avenue Street Captain Pete Mounts and his friends have organized a neighborhood carol session at 8:30 on Thursday evening at the corner of Virginia and North Highland Avenues in the traffic island. “The Big Christmas Carol” gathering will serve several important purposes, along with generating holiday spirit, will serve as a benefit for Chris Kids as well as allowing we as a community to honor the memory of Charles Boyer, whose life was taken on Virginia Avenue 11/22/2010, and to show the rest of the city that we as a neighborhood have emerged stronger than ever after this tragedy. Story at Patch. I have been informed that Charles’ parents may be in attendance in memory of their son. This should be a not-to-be-missed event for all of us.
Thanks to Virginia Avenue resident Pete Mounts for organizing a Christmas Carol session on Thursday 12/22 in the traffic island at Virginia and North Highland Avenues at 8:30 p.m. “The Big Christmas Carol” session will serve several purposes, along with generating holiday spirit, in that it will be a benefit for Chris Kids as well as allowing us as a community to honor the memory of Charles Boyer, whose life was taken on 11/22/2010 on Virginia Avenue, and to show the rest of the city that our neighborhood has emerged stronger and more vibrant than ever in spite of this tragedy. Story at Patch.
Download PDF (2.2 MB)
– Christmas caroling in John Howell Park, by Jim Little
– VaHi shops are just right for the holidays, by Vicky Favorite
– Rep Rap by councilmember Mary Davis: proposed sewage facility at Piedmont Park
– Paideia fine arts and crafts show
– Recycle…because we have to: (Recycling is for Republicans too), by Nan Hunter
– Update on planning process for John Howell Park, by Jerry Bright
– Living AIDS Memorial Park project update, by Jim Little
– Better bicycling
– The newsletter needs you, by Beth Marks
– School news
– Holiday safety tips, by Ken Lavine, including this piece of advice: “If you drive a lot, or at night, install a car phone.”