Members of the association (18 years of age residing within the official boundaries of Virginia-Highland) may vote at the Annual General Meeting on September 13, 2012 at the Inman Middle School Cafeteria, which begins at 6:30 PM. In order to vote, please bring a copy of a valid ID (GA driver’s license, e.g.) or a utility bill issued within 60 days of the meeting and showing your name and address.
Members may also vote by absentee ballot. Your ballot along with a copy of one of the forms of identification mentioned above may be delivered to the offices of Tailfin Marketing (1246 Virginia Ave) by noon on Thursday, September 13th or to the Annual Meeting by its start time at 6:30 PM. Please put your ballot in a sealed envelope with the identification documents separately sealed inside or stapled to the outside. (Please cross out specific account or driver license numbers.) After your residency is verified, the identification documents will be removed and destroyed. Your ballot will remain anonymous.
The VHCA will host a moderated non-partisan forum for candidates running for the two Georgia House of Representative seats – Districts 57 and 58 – that serve our neighborhood (and many others). All the candidiates have been invited, and most have confirmed their attendance. We’re hoping that all of them will be there to speak to and take questions from citizens.
Date: Tuesday, July 24
Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Location: Inman Middle School auditorium
– Vote for your Board of Directors on September 13
– Water restrictions underway
– Tour of Homes update
– President’s address, by Kevin Cronin (Summerfest success)
– Proposed amendments to VHCA bylaws
– Why we don’t use MARTA, by Chip Gallagher
– Highland Hoer: A gardener’s heart, by John Wolfinger
– Vote for your Board of Directors on September 3
– President’s Address by Steven Kushner (criticism of Atkins Park resident parking)
– Proposed amendment to VHCA bylaws
– Security patrol update, by Officer B. Miller, Jr.
– Virginia-Highland by the numbers, by Chip Gallagher
– Meet congressman John Lewis
– Pictures from Summerfest 2003
– Highland Hoer: Late summer gardening, by John Wolfinger
– First person: Barrel of Fun, by Robert Ramsay
– Picture of sidewalk memorial to Cunard family
– City arborist suggests ways to check on your trees’ health
The Alliance for Intown Neighbors presents a Mayoral Forum focusing on neighborhood concerns featuring candidates Gloria Bromell-Tinubu, Shirley Franklin, and Robb Pitts. Moderated by Cynthia Tucker, editorial page editor of the Atlanta Constitution.
Inman Middle School Auditorium at the corner of Virginia and Park Drive
Wednesday, September 19, 7:30-9:00 pm
The public is welcome!