Anyone enjoy Summerfest this past weekend? We sure did, and by all accounts it was another successful festival.
Here are links to a few Google albums with photos from this year’s festival we thought you might enjoy viewing. Thanks to Lola Carlisle for contributing to this collection. We didn’t get to take as many pictures as we would have liked so if you have photos of the festival you’d like to share, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll upload them to one of our albums.
Click on the appropriate link below for albums of:
– Vote for your Board of Directors on September 3
– President’s Address by Steven Kushner (criticism of Atkins Park resident parking)
– Proposed amendment to VHCA bylaws
– Security patrol update, by Officer B. Miller, Jr.
– Virginia-Highland by the numbers, by Chip Gallagher
– Meet congressman John Lewis
– Pictures from Summerfest 2003
– Highland Hoer: Late summer gardening, by John Wolfinger
– First person: Barrel of Fun, by Robert Ramsay
– Picture of sidewalk memorial to Cunard family
– City arborist suggests ways to check on your trees’ health
– Summerfest ’95
– President’s Corner: city Zoning board did not issue exceptions to Cartel Properties to build a 27,000 ft2, 2000-patron restaurant/entertainment complex, the largest in the city, on the site of the Colgate Mattress warehouse at 712 Ponce de Leon Place. Access was only via 2-lane Ponce Place and parking would be all-valet with only 3 spaces on-site.
– Tips from the trade (review of Kliphph Where? clothing store)
– John Howell Park Project: playground is finished! Outwrite Bookstore donates $3000 earned from Greg Louganis book signing event.
– Tree news: new tree ordinance protecting trees takes effect
– School roundup
– Finally, an intown farmer’s market
– Environmental potpourri
– Col. Mustard reviews St. Charles Deli
– Green with energy (weatherization tips), by Sarah Tomaka
– Summerfest 1995 photos (2 pages)