The Board of Directors for the 2012 (October) through 2013 (September) period has been elected.
Minutes of the meeting are forthcoming; however you can watch videos of the meeting, including the many special events such as:
- SPARK choir performing (watch video)
- Joe Drolet‘s educational address about the formation of the VHCA to fight construction of an interstate highway through our neighborhood (watch video)
- Addresses by Pat Gardner, Ceasar Mitchell and Alex Wan (watch video)
- Remembrance of Warren Bruno and and address by his wife Sandra (watch video)
- Recognition of former and exiting Board members (watch video)
- Discussion and voting on amendments to the VHCA by-laws (watch video)
- Grants to community organizations (watch video)
See a slideshow of the achievements of VHCA and its volunteers below. You can also download it as a PDF file.
Finally, here is the new history video which premiered at the meeting, based upon the book Images of America: Virginia-Highland by Karri Hobson-Pape and Lola Carlisle. It was first shown at the 40th anniversary celebration (2012 annual meeting) of the VHCA. You can watch it full-screen by clicking the square icon in the bottom right of the video.