Art on the BeltLine – the annual celebration of visual and performing arts that’s become a regular fall fixture along the BeltLine – kicks off officially this Saturday September 6 with the fifth annual Lantern Parade.
The glowing procession of light, music and color travels the length of the Eastside Trail, starting at the trail’s current terminus at Irwin St. near Krog St. and ending up in Piedmont Park:
- 7:30 p.m.: Parade line-up in the Atlanta BeltLine corridor between Irwin Street and DeKalb Avenue with a tailgate party in the parking lot at Krog & Irwin. Irwin Street will be closed between Auburn & Krog.
- 8:30 p.m.: The parade steps off with The Seed & Feed Marching Abominables leading the way!
- 8:45 p.m.: The Black Sheep Ensemble step off!
- 9:00 p.m.: Mausuki Scales & the Common Ground Collective steps off!
- 9:30 p.m.: Wasted Potential Brass Band brings it on home!
Click here for more information on this year’s Lantern Parade.