Virginia-Highland restaurant revelers and Italian meatball lovers are invited to come in and meet the management and staff of one of the neighborhood’s newest restaurants, Bar Meatball.
Located in the charming house-turned-restaurant space at 1044 Greenwood Ave, Bar Meatball is introducing VaHi and the city to its signature house made meatballs, sliders, pasta and other old-school Italian favorites. To kick things off, management has announced an entire week of grand opening celebrations starting Monday, May 12 and running through Saturday, May 17:
- Monday: Free slider night (any slider)
- Tuesday: Morningside/Lenox Park Association Neighbor Night (10% of proceeds go to the association)
- Wednesday: $10 Bottle of Red, Bottle of White night with Vitiano Sangiovese cabernet blend and Banfi Le Rime pinot grigio for wine lovers
- Thursday: $6 house sangria and slider combo
- Friday: Free zeppole (delicious Italian donuts)
- Saturday: Family Day – kids under 12 eat free from Noon to 6 PM
Beyond grand opening week, customers can enjoy the variety of meatball flavors (served on a plate of four with a choice of sauce and focaccia bread) and “Old School Extras” like the lasagna matta and pickled veggie jars. There are plenty of meatball sliders and combos with pasta and salads, and classic desserts such as ice cream sandwiches and zeppole, a traditional Italian-style donut with powdered sugar.
Stop by next week and say hi to the new folks at Bar Meatball!