The annual meeting of the Virginia-Highland Civic Association (VHCA) will be held on Wednesday, September 6 at 7:30 p.m. in the Inman Middle School auditorium at the corner of Virginia Avenue and Park Drive. The agenda includes election of directors for the 2000-2001 term, proposed amendments to the VHCA Bylaws, VHCA community donations and annual awards. The proposed bylaw amendments have been approved by the VHCA Board subject to approval at the annual meeting. The proposed amendments would:
- change the beginning of the fiscal year of the VHCA from October 1 to January 1
- increase from $200 to $1,000 the size of check that would require two signatures
- revise the minimum vote required to amend the Bylaws to conform to Georgia law
- permit the Board to designate a location other than the Ponce Library for storage of VHCA records
- permit notices to Board members to be sent via email
- permit alternate directors to attend Board meetings and participate (but not vote) in Board discussions
- provide for the manner in which Board members may resign from the Board
- conform the procedures for electing directors to previous Bylaw amendments
- correct typographical errors and reflect name changes
The VHCA Board recommends approval of these proposed amendments. All residents of Virginia-Highland over the age of 18 are eligible to vote and we encourage you to attend. We have invited city and state representatives to attend and look forward to seeing you there.
If you wish to run for the VHCA board, please submit your name and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.