The Publix Georgia Marathon, which will run through our neighborhood on 3/18/2012. Check on routes, times, etc at www.georgiamarathon.com then click on “community” for info.
The marathon will affect streets in a wide swathe from Downtown to Decatur — here are the main streets in our immediate neighborhood that are affected, but see also full road closure info on Georgia Marathon site:
- Ponce De Leon – There is always at least 1 eastbound and 1 westbound lane on Ponce De Leon between Peachtree St and N Highland Ave and between N Highland and Decatur Square. The intersection of Ponce De Leon at N Highland is closed during approximately 7:13 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. but reopens to traffic at approximately 9:30 a.m., after which Ponce is open to 2-way traffic from Peachtree St to Decatur Square.
- North Ave – Until 11:00 a.m., eastbound traffic on North Ave is detoured off North Ave from Luckie St to Fowler St to North Ave. Including this detour, there is always at least 1 eastbound and 1 westbound traffic lane on North Ave between Northside Dr and Freedom Pkwy. The intersection of North Ave and N Highland is closed during approximately 7:09am-9:30am but reopens to traffic at approximately 9:30am.
- Boulevard/Monroe Dr – During the race, Boulevard/Monroe Dr is open to traffic from Auburn Ave to Park Dr. After Auburn Ave reopens to traffic at approximately 8:30am, Boulevard/Monroe Dr is open to traffic from south of I-20 to Park Dr. Monroe & Park Dr are closed to traffic during approximately 8:35am-1:00pm.
- N Highland Ave – N Highland Ave from North Ave to Virginia Ave is part of the course during approximately 7:13am-9:30am. After approximately 9:30am, N Highland Ave is open to traffic from Baker-Highland Connector to Los Angeles Ave. N Highland & Virginia is closed to traffic during approximately 7:13am-9:30am. N Highland & Los Angeles is closed to traffic during approximately 8:30am-12:45pm.
- Briarcliff Rd – Briarcliff Rd from Stillwood Dr to The By Way is part of the course during approximately 8:25am-12:30pm. During the race, Briarcliff Rd is open to 2-way traffic south of Stillwood Dr and north of The By Way.