VISIT NORTH HIGHLAND PARK! – CITY OF ATLANTA PARK RULES AND GUIDELINES
For your safety and the safety of others please abide by these rules and guidelines at North Highland Park.
City of Atlanta parks are public spaces, and visitors to them should be respectful of themselves, others, and park property. There are some specific regulations governing behavior in parks that we would like to emphasize. Those statements are presented below, followed by excerpts from the City of Atlanta Code of Ordinances that pertain to City parks. Please consult the online version of the Code of Ordinances for more complete legal information. For information on reserving a pavilion or ballfield, visit the Office of Parks home page.
- Parks are open from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. daily.
- Report illegal activities to 911.
- Place all litter in receptacles.
- All pets must be on a leash in a City park, except in designated areas. Persons with pets must clean up after the pet. No pets are allowed during A, B or C festivals. (For more information about festivals, go to Special Rules for Parks During the Festival Season.)
- No horses or ponies are allowed in any park at any time.
- No vehicles allowed off paved roads or on closed park roads.
- No tents or canopies allowed without the expressed written permission of the Commissioner, Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, and other permits required by the city.
- No moonwalks, dunk tanks, or any equipment that calls for independent power(except by special permit).
- All games and activities that could damage the lawns are restricted.
- No glass containers allowed.
- No amplified music allowed (except by special permit).
- No selling of food or other items (except by special permit).
- No alcoholic beverages (except by special permit).
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances allowed on City property.