The Virginia-Highland Morningside Parent Association (VHMPA) provides a link between the parents of these respective neighborhoods for the sharing of parental interests and concerns and to provide information, activities and support that enhance the members’ child-rearing efforts. The VHMPA communicates to its membership by publishing a monthly newsletter and operates an email network to facilitate information sharing among members. Currently, the VHMPA has more than 900 members.
Among the many VHMPA services are:
- supports local events with volunteers;
- provides a sales platform for household goods and other items;
- facilitates the exchange of information on community services and resources;
- organizes social events;
- partners with local businesses (restaurants, etc.);
- financially supports local schools;
- organizes playgroups;
- serves as a neighborhood security exchange.
Participation in the VHMPA requires residence in the Virginia-Highland or Morningside/Lenox Park neighborhoods. Dues for participation are $20 annually. For further information go to www.vhmpa.com.