Volunteers Needed for Keep Virginia-Highland Beautiful Fall Clean Up
Join residents and business owners in a fall cleanup of the neighborhood. This is the kick-off for our efforts to having N. Highland Avenue looking in top shape for the upcoming holiday season.
- Meet in front of American Roadhouse restaurant (coffee and biscuits will be served). If you can’t be there at 8:30 am, join us at any point in the morning!
- Bring work gloves, rakes, weed spray, gas powered weed whackers, small scrapers for sticker removal, etc.
- We will provide trash bags and latex gloves
- Can’t make it on the 18th? Go for a walk in the neighborhood any day. Take a trash bag and pick up litter as you go.
- Parents, please consider bringing (or volunteering) your teens to help. This would make a good volunteer project for any youth group or to meet high school volunteer requirements.
For Business Owners:
- Volunteer staff to work alongside residents
- Hire someone to do extra clean up around your business
- Donate supplies or refreshments for volunteers
- Consider what you can do to improve the appearance of your storefront – perhaps it’s time for some new planters and fall pansies. See Mica at Intown Ace Hardware for guidance on what to plant
- Don’t neglect parking areas. This is often the first thing your patrons see driving into the neighborhood.
- Partner with nearby businesses and hire someone to do regular cleanup of your whole block, or shared parking area.
- Make sure trash is making it all the way into the dumpster and dumpster doors/lids are kept closed.
- Have graffiti on your building? Contact the Graffiti Task Force for help. email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeepVirginiaHighlandBeautiful