Quick recap of the March 12 VHCA meeting:
- Discussed the ongoing public schools redistricting process ahead of tonight’s special meeting on the topic
- Heard the APD’s Capt. Van Hobbs, the new Asst. Commander for Zone 6, report that crime levels remain low and down from a similar period last year.
- Heard a proposal from Streets Alive to close N. Highland Ave. from 2-6 PM on Sunday, May 20th for a pedestrian and bike-friendly event; it will be discussed again at the April meeting
- Heard a presentation on the Red Bull Soap Box Derby and the closure on 10th Street (Friday, June 8, 9 AM – Sunday, June 10, 6-12 in the evening); the event organizers agreed to notify nearby VaHi residents
- Heard a report from Georgia House Rep. Pat Gardner (57th District) on the current legislative session
- Approved (with conditions) Variance V-12-018 (1117 Virginia Ave. NE) and sent it on to NPU-F
- Heard updates on the new VHCA website, e-updates, and online Voice, as well as our ongoing attempts to improve sidewalks
- Approved pruning, transplanting, & mulching work at John Howell Park and the final planting plan for the Triangle at Virginia-Highland (note — there is a planting work day this Sunday March 18, 1:00-3:30 pm)
Minutes will be posted at vahi.org when approved by the Board.