Committee Chairs: Barry Loudis (VHCA Treasurer)
Committee Members: David Brandenberger, Jenifer Keenan, Robin Ragland
The committee is responsible for recommending financial policies, goals, and budgets that support the mission, values and strategic goals of the VHCA. The committee also reviews the organization’s financial performance against its goals and proposes major transactions and programs to the board.
- Recommending policies that maintain and improve the financial health and integrity of the VHCA.
- Reviewing and recommending an annual operating budget that is consistent with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Keep an accurate record of income and expenses of the Association.
- Provide appropriate insurance for the Association’s directors, volunteers, and tangible assets.
- Ensure the general legal financial obligations of the Association are met and that the assets of the Association are safeguarded.
- Maintain standard practices of fiduciary responsibility within the Association.
- Make detailed financial reports available to Association including a profit and loss statement for all major events.
- Provide a monthly update to the association members on the financial standing of VHCA.
- Make financial information available to members of the association upon request.
- Have timely annual tax returns prepared for in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.