Voice – Fall 1995
Download PDF (2.3 MB)
– Summerfest ’95
– President’s Corner: city Zoning board did not issue exceptions to Cartel Properties to build a 27,000 ft2, 2000-patron restaurant/entertainment complex, the largest in the city, on the site of the Colgate Mattress warehouse at 712 Ponce de Leon Place. Access was only via 2-lane Ponce Place and parking would be all-valet with only 3 spaces on-site.
– Tips from the trade (review of Kliphph Where? clothing store)
– John Howell Park Project: playground is finished! Outwrite Bookstore donates $3000 earned from Greg Louganis book signing event.
– Tree news: new tree ordinance protecting trees takes effect
– School roundup
– Finally, an intown farmer’s market
– Environmental potpourri
– Col. Mustard reviews St. Charles Deli
– Green with energy (weatherization tips), by Sarah Tomaka
– Summerfest 1995 photos (2 pages)