Water Restrictions Notice from Anne Fauver
From: “Fauver, Anne” <afauver@AtlantaGa.Gov> Subject: Exemptions to watering restrictions Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:08:47 Attention: District 6 Residents
Exemptions to City of Atlanta Watering Restrictions Specified
The following activities are exempted from the City of Atlanta’s new watering restrictions:
- Personal Food Gardens
- Newly (in place less than 30 days) installed landscapes – these may be watered any day of the week between the hours of Midnight and 10 a.m. for a period of 30 days following installation
The following commercial outdoor water uses are exempt from watering restrictions:
Professionally certified or licensed landscapers, golf course contractors, and sports turf landscapers: during installation and 30 days following installation only. Professional landscapers must be certified or licensed for commercial exemptions to apply.
- Irrigation contractors: during installation and as needed for proper maintenance and adjustments of irrigation systems and equipment only.
- Sod producers.
- Ornamental growers.
- Fruit and vegetable growers.
- Retail garden centers.
- Construction sites.
- Producers of food and fiber.
- Car washes.
- Other activities essential to daily business.
- Watering-in of pesticides and herbicides on turf.
City of Atlanta customers may only water outdoors on Saturdays and Sundays between midnight and 10 a.m.; even-numbered addresses on Saturday and odd-numbered addresses on Sunday. No outdoor watering is allowed Monday through Friday until further notice. This service area includes the City of Atlanta, Sandy Springs and unincorporated South Fulton County.